Podcasts are TOTALLY taking off. I mean, I know they’ve been a thing for a long time, but I feel like now everyone and their dog has a podcast. I LOVE IT! I love podcasts, and here is why:
- I can mindlessly listen while doing ANYTHING. Washing dishes, folding laundry, dejunking for hours on end (which is what I’ve been doing lately.)
- There are ALL KINDS of podcasts out there! Heck, my brother has a podcast dedicated to all things video game family (it’s called Nintendo Dads!) and I’ve even seen a podcast called Pet Tao Podcast, where one episode was titled “How to Meet the Needs of your Cat.” Yup, this is real stuff, people.
- They allow me to connect with people I don’t even know. I love the intimacy that a podcast can give, especially when it’s just one person chatting for a full episode.
- They are easily accessible, and freeeeeee! (Cause if you know me, you know I’m kiiiiiiinda cheap.)
So here we go! We are going to break down my 5 favorite podcasts for that mompreneur life. (You can search all these using the Podcasts App on your iPhone, but I’ve linked them here too!)
- This is Your Life with Michael Hyatt
If you have heard of or followed Michael Hyatt, you know that he’s got a lot of information to share. (He has a super helpful tutorial on how to set up your WordPress site here that I used myself to set up THIS VERY SITE!) His topics range from business, to self-help, to leadership. There are 8 seasons, so TONS of listening material here
- Being Boss
Being Boss is a total lady boss podcast and I LOVE the girl power that oozes from it. Listen to it if you are looking to run a business while still taking GOOD care of yourself. Emily and Kathleen are business owners themselves and are a dream pair- hilarious and way freakin’ smart.
- The Marvelous Moms Club Podcast
I just listened to 9 episodes of this on our most recent drive from Montana to Idaho. Kirsten interviews a TON of amazing moms with a variety of backgrounds- bloggers, bizness ladies, stay at home moms- and each episode is SO good. Just real upliftting, informative stuff that feels real nice to listen to. (Next time you have an hour to spare, go listen to episode 117. It will make you feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy.)
- Christy Wright’s Business Boutique
This is a fairly new podcast with only 6 episodes but I can already tell it’s going to be good. Christy’s blog also has a ton of great information and make sure you check out the Business Boutique, a business conference for women in Nashville.
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast
Honestly, a lot of the information in this podcast is over my head. BUT I still listen to this because it GETS MY ENGINES FIRED UP! It motivated me to say, “THIS is where I want to be in a year. Or 2 years. Or 5 years.” That being said, a lot of the episodes are NOT over my head. C’mon guys…. give me some credit.
Aaaaaand if you want some bonus material, I also like Serial (bandwagonner over here), PaleOMG Uncensored (Juli just babbles on and on about health & fitness. It’s great mindless listening BUT be warned, it is uncensored) and This American Life by NPR.
What podcasts do you love? Or do you HAVE YOUR OWN podcast? I’d love to listen! Let me know in the comments!